Some general, presentation-at-large, dos and don'ts.
challenge yourself to deliver an 'easy-to-understand' story. Could I,
your listener, replay to another person the very basics of your venture
and how your target customers will benefit from using your product?
- Do infuse passion throughout your delivery. Engage me with your story.
- Do focus on the benefits to customers of acquiring/using your
product. Does it simplify? Make-money? Save money? Open new markets?
- Do differentiate your business in some way from the competition - market channel, service, technical features, etc.
- Don't give me unclear, irrelevant, or unnecessary information.
It is extremely important to your success that you winnow the full
amount of information into the particular subset that is required for
this presentation. If you are concerned about leaving out 'necessary'
information prepare a more detailed slide for the Q&A period in
case it comes up.
- Don't try to impress me with a lot of jargon.